This is the second to last week of the CSA!
Here is what we got and what I’m doing with it:
- Celeriac – I’ll combine this with the rutabaga, fennel, some turnips, and potatoes to make a root vegetable gratin.
- Rutabaga – I’ll combine this with the celeriac, fennel, some turnips, and potatoes to make a root vegetable gratin.
- Rainbow 🌈 Chard – Amanda combined this with two different types of kale we had in the fridge, washed it, cut it up, froze half of it, and put it in the fridge so we can quickly use it during the week. We used some this morning for a frittata.
- Fennel – Amanda cut the tops off of this to freeze and add to a vegetable broth. I’ll thinly slice the bulb and add it to the aforementioned vegetable gratin.
- Carrots 🥕- These will probably end up in soups of some sort. Pasta e fagioli or lentil and sausage soups are standouts.
- Red peppers 🌶 – I’ll probably freeze these to make roasted red pepper and tomato soup.
- Garlic – Added to the pantry collection.
- Brussels Sprouts – I’ll roast these one night this week with olive oil for 20 minutes at 400F.
- Parsley – I’ll probably add this to pasta e fagioli or a lentil and sausage soup.
- Butternut Squash – I’ll probably save this for Thanksgiving. I love to peel it, chunk it up, and roast it with pearl onions, cranberries, and nutmeg.