This is the final week! We’re going to miss our fresh veggies over the winter. We signed up for a Winter CSA through Farm Bridge, so we won’t be totally out in the cold. They purchase fresh vegetables throughout the summer to package and freeze, then they deliver them to local pick-up spots once a month. We’ll pick up the first share in December.
What we got in our final Peace and Carrots 2017 share:
- Potatoes – I combined these with some of the parsley from last week and made German Potato Salad.
- Garlic – Added it to the pantry. I’m using the oldest ones first. I might take a few of these and plant them over the weekend. (They are the Rocambole variety).
- Kale – This will likely go in some sort of kale and lentil soup.
- Rutabaga – I used half of this, one celeriac, some turnips, some potatoes, and a fennel bulb in a root vegetable gratin.
- Brussels Sprouts – I pulled these off the stalk and am going to roast them.
- Celeriac – I used this, half of a rutabaga, some turnips, some potatoes, and a fennel bulb in a root vegetable gratin.
- Fennel – I use one of the fennel bulbs in the aforementioned root vegetable gratin.