Today was the first pickup we’ve had in the thunderstorm. Thank goodness for a storage shed nearby that we could use as a pickup location!
Here’s what we received this week:
- Fennel – The licorice taste of fennel is great in a salad. I like to thinly shave it and toss with some lettuce, parsley, bell pepper, radishes, lemon juice, and olive oil. You can also braise it with stock and white wine, but I prefer it fresh.
- Cabbage – Homemade sauerkraut.
- Basil and tomatoes – Caprese sounds pretty good in this hot weather.
- Cucumbers – I already ate one with some salt tonight. I’m going to eat at least another one of these that way, too. One of my favorite snacks. The other two I’ll probably make into dill pickles.
- Eggplant, pepper, onion, zucchini, and cilantro – I want to make a maqluba, a middle eastern chicken and rice dish. Dinner in an Instant has an Instant Pot version I’ve been wanting to try.
- Lettuce, greens, and tomatoes – As always, salads! I’ll spice it up this week with the fennel above.
Bring on the rye bread and horseradish. looks great !!!