As I wrote about earlier this year, I love being a part of a CSA. Figuring out what to do with the shares each week is a fun little puzzle. This year I’m going to write about what I plan to do with the weekly shares.
Here is what we got this first week and what I plan on doing with it:
- We love radishes. We’ll put some in a salad with the romaine, slice them on tacos, or quick pickle them.
- Romaine Lettuce
- We’ll use some of this for a salad and the larger leaves for wraps for tacos or some Asian lettuce wraps.
- Fresh oregano is wonderful. I’ll add it to a chimichurri with some fresh parsley from our garden, season some chicken for tacos, combine it with the oregano to marinate chicken, or add it to a cherry tomato pasta sauce.
- Broccoli Rabe
- I usually saute broccoli rabe with garlic and crushed red pepper for a side dish.
- Green Garlic
- I’ll saute this with the broccoli rabe, add some to a chimichurri, or make a marinade for chicken with the oregano.
The shares will be small these first few weeks because we’ve had an unusually cold spring. They’ll pick up and be larger as the season goes on. I’m looking forward to going to the grocery store less now!