Let’s get right to business: Equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth. Make it even better with orange bitters and an orange peel. If the bitterness of the classic Negroni isn’t your thing, use Lillet Blanc instead of Campari to make a French Negroni.
Save these recipe cards to your iPhone and import them into the free Highball app.
The simple recipe is easy to remember, easy to make, and great to experiment with. Have some fun this week. Here are some ideas:
- Add a few couple of dashes of orange bitters (my preferred recipe)
- Try different gins
- Swap Aperol for Campari
- Swap Cappelletti for Campari
- Swap Lillet for Campari to make a French Negroni
- Replace gin with bourbon for a Boulevardier
- Try different sweet vermouths. Carpano Antica and Punt e Mes are particularly good.
- Swap rum for gin and East India sherry for vermouth for an East India Negroni
Sip a tasty Negroni this week and donate to a good cause.