Post Series: CSA 2017
- 1.What I’m Doing with My CSA Shares: Week 1
- 2.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 2
- 3.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Weeks 3 and 4
- 4.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 5
- 5.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 6
- 6.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 7
- 7.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 8
- 8.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Weeks 10 and 11
- 9.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Weeks 12 and 13
- 10.What I’m Doing With My CSA Shares: Week 14
I took photos of the last two weeks of CSA shares we received, but took my time in getting around to posting them due to some fly fishing, hiking, and an uptick in work. The wait is over.
- Lettuces – We chopped up both lettuces for salads. We are doing the Whole 30 again this month, so we’ve been eating a lot of salads for lunch.
- Kale – We chopped up the kale and combined it with week 4’s rainbow chard and sautéed it all up with bacon, an onion, and some of the garlic scapes.
- Zucchini – We combined this zucchini with a few more that we got from the store and we made a big batch of Fergus Henderson’s mushy zucchini when we had our friends Dakota, Greg, and Madeline over for dinner last week.
- Kohlrabi – I’m probably going to combine this with the small head of cabbage from week 4 and make a big batch of coleslaw. Another good option is peeling, dicing it in large chunks, and roasting it with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I’ll take the greens and either add them to a salad or combine them with some other greens and sauté them.
- Scallions – We sliced up the green onions and added them to salads and a sausage and broccoli frittata.
- Garlic scapes – We sliced them up and used them in sautéed greens and a sausage and broccoli frittata. Here are some more ways to use garlic scapes.
- Lettuce – We chopped the lettuce up for salad again. Eating lots of salad for lunch these days.
- Cucumbers – We cut one up to add to a salad and cut up another for a side at a picnic we had after a hike. The third will meet a similar fate.
- Cabbage – Amanda and I are turning the cabbage into coleslaw today, along with the kohlrabi from week 3.
- Zucchini – We are turning the zucchini into noodles with a spiral attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer and making a quick cherry tomato sauce with chicken sausage.
- Rainbow chard – We chopped up the chard and sautéed it with the kale and garlic scapes from week 3, an onion, and bacon.
I’ll catch you again this weekend with this Friday’s share!