Asparagus is so easy to make in the oven, so why should you make it in a sous vide circulator?
- More intense asparagus taste.
- Easier clean up.
- Same length of prep and cooking time.
Sold? Here’s what you need and what to do with it:
Just looking for time and temp suggestions? 175F (79.44C) for 15 minutes will give you asparagus that is still firm with a bit of bite left in it.
- 1 lb of fresh asparagus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest from one small lemon (or half a large one)
- Salt and pepper
- Trim the tough bottom part off of the asparagus stems.
- Put the trimmed asparagus in a bag with the olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Seal the bag (vacuum seal or ziplock with the water displacement method).
- Cook in the sous vide water bath at 175F (79.44C) for 15 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus from the bag and serve immediately.